The following members of the Canterbury Hockey Club have been rewarded wtih Life Membership for their dedication and hard work for the Canterbury Hockey Club.
2014 David Coombe
2010 Richard Hawson, Eric Perriman, John Lawler
2007 Claire Pearce
2006 Mandy Knowles, Col Pearce, Peri Buckley
2005 Jim Hawson
1998 Glen Lucas
1996 Doug Patten
1995 Ann Gard, Robin Birch
1994 Geoff Collis, Jennifer Beith
1990 Jane Patten, Andrew Coombe
1988 Therese Soul
1982 Ian Bowden, Graeme Corney
1975 Phil Hughes
1974 Kevin Mitchell
Life Membership Terms of Reference
The following criteria are a guide for qualification of Life Membership, the ultimate decision to be made by unanimous vote of the elected committee.
It is anticipated that the recipient will have contributed to the club in the following areas. Category A criteria are considered prime contributions.
- Played at a high level over a sustained period.
- Coached over a sustained period.
- Key Committee portfolio holder over a sustained period.
- Personal contributions of undoubted and significant benefit to the club.
Determined by committee vote
- Long term involvement with the club in excess of ten (10) years.
- Captain over sustained period
- Manager over sustained period
- General Committee Member over a sustained period.
- Umpiring over a sustained period
- Two category A achievements and one category B, or
- One category A and two category B achievements.
- Sustained = 5 years or more.
If a candidate has contributed for five years in three lesser administrative or coaching rolls this will be sufficient grounds for one sustained achievement.
The above criteria are not automatic grounds for the granting of Life Membership. In determining the candidates nomination, consideration should be given to a comparison of existing Life Members achievements.
Consideration should be given to existing Life Member’s comments and opinions.
Life Membership should not be unduly withheld for worthy candidates.